Cybozu, Inc., Cybozu Labs, Inc., and Cybozu Connect.C, Inc. (“we” or “Cybozu”) appropriately handles personal information of individuals who apply for a job (“you” or “Applicants”) via any of our various recruitment events and screening events (“Recruitment Activities”) in accordance with the policy described below. The term “personal information” “personal data” and “retained personal data” as used in this policy means personal information as defined in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (Act No. 57 of 2003. The “Personal Information Protection Act”).
1 Information that we collect
Cybozu collects the personal information of Applicants, including the following, in the course of our Recruitment Activities.
- Name, e-mail address, telephone number, educational background, work history, qualifications held, current annual income, holder/non-holder of a disability certificate, holder/non-holder of a residence card, self-PR portfolios, and other information set out in entry forms (any document you provide us for the purpose of applying to take part in Recruitment Activities, whether it is a resume, CV, entry sheet, or in any other format).
- Information contained in any face-to-face, telephone, e-mail, or other communication between you and Cybozu for the purpose of a job interview or other Recruitment Activities.
- Whether you have previously applied to, or participated in, Recruitment Activities and the results of the hiring selection process.
2 How we use your information
Cybozu uses the personal information we collect from Applicants to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes listed below. If Cybozu will be using an Applicant’s personal information beyond the extent necessary to achieve the purposes described below, we will do so only after separately obtaining the Applicant’s consent:
- to provide information to and to engage in communication with the Applicant regarding Recruitment Activities;
- to conduct the hiring selection process for the Applicant;
- to check whether the Applicant has previously applied to Cybozu;
- to manage the Applicant’s information; and
- to analyze and examine our recruitment strategies for the purpose of conducting more effective Recruitment Activities by Cybozu, Inc. and it’s subsidiaries (the “Group”).
3 How we share your information with third parties
Without the prior consent of the Applicant, Cybozu will not provide your personal data to a third party, except in the following cases:
- when required by law;
- when it is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of a person and it is difficult to obtain the Applicant’s consent;
- when it is particularly necessary to improve public health or promote the sound development of children, and it is difficult to obtain the Applicant’s consent; and
- when it is necessary to cooperate with a national government agency or a local government, or a person entrusted by either of the aforementioned in performing duties prescribed by laws and regulations, and obtaining the Applicant’s consent is likely to impede the performance of such duties.
Cybozu may outsource some of the handling of personal data. When Cybozu outsources, we will select a contractor on the condition that the company has secured a sufficient level of protection of personal information, and will do so only after having entered into a contract pertaining to the protection of personal information. In addition, Cybozu will conduct the necessary and appropriate supervision in relation to the management of said contractors.
5 Joint use
Cybozu will jointly use an Applicant’s personal data between companies in our Group only when necessary within the scope described below.
- Items of personal information to be jointly used: Items stated in “1 Information that we Collect”
- Scope of joint users: The Cybozu Group
- Intended Use: Items stated in “2 How we use your information”
- Chief Administrator: Cybozu, Inc.
6 Security Control Measures
7 How to request disclosure, correction, suspension of use of your Data
Cybozu will respond to requests for disclosure of your retained personal data, correction, addition or deletion of the content of your retained personal data, cessation of use, or deletion of your retained personal data, or cessation of provision of your retained personal data to third parties ("Requests for Disclosure, etc.") to the extent permitted by the Personal Information Protection Act. If you wish to make Requests for Disclosure, etc., or to make a complaint regarding our handling of personal information, please contact us at the inquiries desk listed in "9 Contact Us.”
8 Revision of this Policy
This policy is subject to revision without notice in response to changes in laws and regulations, improvements in recruitment practices. Your understanding is appreciated.
9 Contact us
For all inquiries regarding this policy, please contact us at:
Recruitment and Development Department, Human Resources Division, Cybozu, Inc.
Last updated on July 3, 2023